If you’re one of the talented few who’s been able to master the tricky art of applying false lashes in your lifetime, then you’ll know the feeling of having feathery, gorgeous lashes that complete your makeup look better than any mascara can. For some people they’re an absolute essential – and we tend to agree. So, we’ve scoured the internet for the best lashes that have been tried and tested by thousands of people around the world and we’ve collated it into this luscious lash list for you below. We’re here to help you make 2020 the year of fabulous, flawless false lashes!
Caring for your false lashes
We get it, you’ve had a huge night out dancing with your gal pals. All you want to do is rip off your falsies, fling them onto the bathroom counter and flop into bed. But much like taking off your makeup before you hit the hay, removing and cleaning your lashes correctly is also essential (and will save you some money, too!).
Here’s a few tips to help you get the most use out of your false lashes:
- Yanking your lashes off the second you get through your front door can be tempting, but don’t do it! Grab a Q-tip soaked in makeup remover and run it over the lash band to weaken the glue. Then, pull the lashes off slowly starting from the outer corner, if they resist you’ll need to use more makeup remover until they come off easily.
- Once they’re off, remove any excess glue gently with that same Q-tip and a pair of tweezers.
- Fill a small dish with warm water and a bit of soap and let them soak for a few minutes. This should break down any remaining glue and mascara.
- Let them air dry on a paper towel overnight and pop them back in their packaging in the morning. Your future self will thank you for this.
- If you put mascara on your falsies, only re-use them once. Any more than this may expose your eyes to possible bacteria build-up from the mascara. You’ll be fine to re-use them a few times if there’s no mascara involved.
- If your lashes are made from natural fibres simply remove leftover glue with tweezers and leave it at that. Cleaning them with water or cleaning products can cause them to lose their shape.
Top 7 False Eyelashes in 2020
1. Ardell Demi Wispies Black Lashes – 5 Pairs
Coming in at number one as our top recommendation are these trusty lashes from Ardell, a very well-known brand in the lash game who have many excellent false eyelash products. These particular lashes are their ‘Wispies’, meaning that they’re super feathery and natural-looking due to their criss-crossed layering of the lashes giving them a touch ofnvolume at the root and a fanned out look at the tip.
These will be flattering on most eye shapes and have an invisible (clear) lash band which is perfect for anyone wanting a more natural look – a thicker, black band is always a dead giveaway that you have falsies on. The knots (base) of the lash clusters are very small as well, if you find you can still see them when you put them on, though, simply blend it to your lash line with some black eyeliner for a seamless look.
Having used these lashes myself many times, I know that the band is thin and flexible so will conform to your lash line and stay glued down all the way along. They’re also durable enough to wear a few times before you need to throw them out. They’re a great lash for beginners and due to their thinness they’re also fantastic for stacking them on top of each other if you’d like a little extra volume.
As with most false lashes, they’re shorter at the inner corner and longer at the outer edge. So, if you’re needing to trim a section off the band to fit them to your eye make sure you’re doing it from the outer edge to maintain that naturally tapered look in the inner corner of your lashes.
These false lashes get our top vote simply because of how versatile and easy they are to use. With almost 4,000 glowing reviews on Amazon you really can’t go wrong!
- Thin, flexible, invisible band
- Feathery, natural lash look with criss-crossed pattern for volume at roots
- Very affordable
- Great for stacking
- Well-known lash brand
- Will suit most eye shapes
- Pack of 5 pairs only comes with one style
2. B&Q Individual Eyelash Extensions
If you’re wanting a super natural false lash look, then you should consider giving individual lashes a go. They’re a lot easier to apply than strip lashes as you simply pop glue on the ends of the lash cluster and then place them along your lash line where you feel you need a little extra volume. They’ll also feel a lot more comfortable than strip lashes (which can feel heavy/pull on the lash line) and in most cases you won’t even notice they’re there. They may take a little longer to apply but they’re super customisable so you can get the exact lash style that you’re after.
These lashes from B&Q make our list because of the sheer amount of choice you get when you purchase a pack. We’d recommend choosing the 8-15mm mixed pack which gives you a range of lengths so you can mix and match them to your desired lash length depending on where you’re placing the clusters in your lash line. As these lashes are used by professionals as well, you can also choose your curl and diameter type. We’d recommend sticking with the 3D style, 0.07 diameter and the C curl for your first try as these will look the most natural.
The knots on these lash clusters are quite small so will blend into your lash line seamlessly and the stem is long enough to allow you to grab them easily with the tweezers. Always grab them from as close to the base as possible so that the end of the lashes doesn’t get kinked or squashed out of shape by the tweezers. We’d recommend these lashes to beginners and professionals alike who’re looking for any kind of lash style, whether it be natural or dramatic.
- Fully customisable length, curl and diameter
- Small knot for invisibility
- Long stem so they’re easy to grab and apply with tweezers
- Easy to apply and comfortable to wear
- Super versatile, great for beginners and professionals for a range of lash styles
- Very affordable
- Can take longer to put on than strip lashes
- Range of options can be confusing to beginners
3. Eliace False Eyelash Set – 50 Pairs
For those of us that love having options, this is the product for you. This product from Eliace comes with a huge 50 pairs of lashes with 5 different styles, so you’re getting 10 pairs of each style. There’s a light, feathery pair, a super dramatic pair with plenty of darks strands and then 3 styles that cover everything in between. And because there’s so many of them you’ll be able to experiment with stacking different pairs on top of one another to create the false lashes of your dreams.
The set also comes with tweezers that are designed with a long, flat edge so you have more coverage and control when you’re gripping the lashes and positioning them along your lash line. The lash band on these false lashes is thin but black so we’d recommend using them with a bit of eyeliner to disguise the band. Reviewers of this product say that the lashes are softer and more flexible than usual strip lashes and so are easier than most to conform to your lash line, which is excellent news for beginners!
- 5 different styles
- 10 pairs of each style
- Good for mixing and matching styles to stack on top of each other
- Tweezers included
- Soft and flexible
- Very affordable
- Lash band is not invisible
4. Summer Rainbow Magnetic Eyeliner and Eyelash Kit – 3 Pairs
If you think you’ve mastered the finesse of applying false lashes and you’re looking for something else to try out, then these magnetic eyelashes might just be the ticket. Eyeliner enthusiasts will benefit from this kit by having two processes rolled into each other! Using the magnetic black eyeliner included, draw on your eyeliner as you normally would. Then, once you’ve given it a couple minutes to dry you simply pop on the magnetic strip lashes and they’ll magnetise to the eyeliner with a gentle “click”. Cool, right?
This works because the 5 tiny magnets on the eyelash strip magnetise to the ultra-fine magnetic particles in the eyeliner, and customers are super impressed with this product! It boasts a 4.8 out of 5 star rating on Amazon with customers loving the quality of the lashes and the strength of the magnetisation keeping their lashes in place all day (after a little practice putting them on right). An awesome idea for anyone looking to experiment with their false lash routine.
- Combines eyeliner and false lashes into the same step
- No glue needed
- Waterproof and smudge resistant
- 5 magnets on each lash band for even coverage and strong hold
- Able to be removed with makeup remover as normal
- Can’t use these false lashes without eyeliner
- Only one style
- Less affordable than other options
5. JIMIRE Faux Mink False Eyelashes – 3 Pairs
These fluffy lashes caught our eye because of their high quality. They’re faux mink and completely cruelty-free. The feathery, fanned-out look of the lashes is both dramatic and elegant at the same time but possibly not the best choice for someone searching for a more natural false lash. You get 3 pairs of the same style of your choice in each box, there’s the 305 Natural style or the 307 Charming, which are a little longer and voluminous. The packaging is super cute and customers seem to be loving the quality, however, they do comment that the lashes are a bit shiny and “plastic” looking so they needed to give them a bit of a brush with a spoolie to rough them up a little bit before using them.
- Super fluffy and feathery
- Two styles to choose from
- Only one style per pack
- Both styles are dramatic
- Can be a bit shiny
- Lash band not invisible
6. ACROWN Fluffy Mink False Eyelashes – 3 Pairs
If you prefer natural fibres over synthetic lashes, these false eyelashes are made from 100% Siberian Mink fur and are cruelty-free. You get 3 different styles in the box and 1 pair of each so you’ve got some variety to play with. Customers mention that whilst they love the feel of these lashes compared to synthetic ones, they are quite heavy and the band is thick so these lashes might be best used by someone who’s had a lot of experience with false eyelashes.
- Comes with tweezers
- 3 styles in pack
- Natural fibre which some users may prefer
- Less affordable than other options
- Band is thick and lashes can be heavy on the lid
- Some users may be uncomfortable with lashes made from mink fur regardless of company claiming they are cruelty-free
7. Wleec Beauty 3D Silk Lashes – 15 Pairs
And last but certainly not least are these handmade, cruelty-free, silk imitation synthetic lashes that come in a pack of 15 pairs. They’re all the same style so make sure you love the style you pick before you buy it, but this would be great for anyone wanting to experiment with lashes for the first time as there’s so many pairs to back you up if you mess up one or two. The lashes themselves look feathery but have a thick, black band so would probably be best for those who love a bit of eyeliner with their falsies.
- 15 pairs
- 5 different styles to choose from
- Less affordable than other options
- One style per pack
- Thick band
There are so many options when it comes to selecting a fantastic pair of false lashes, it’s all about experimenting with what works for your eye and face shape. Whether it’s dramatic and voluminous or feathery and natural, there’s a lash out there to suit everyone. Take a look at some of our top picks for some budget-friendly, beautiful lashes that are sure to complete your next makeup look.